So Why Am I Here?

That's the million dollar question.

Once upon a time, I promised myself that I would never start a blog. I, like so many others, was under the impression that I had nothing interesting in my life worth writing about, let alone having other people read. 

When faced with the prospect of blogging, most people I know would typically respond in the same fashion;

'What is a blog? Why would anyone care?'    

That's a good question. Why would anyone care? I don't run a business, I'm not particularly crafty or have a kooky love for all things vintage, so why would anyone want to listen to what I have to say?

And after some time as an active reviewer at Goodreads and reader of the blogging community, it finally hit me: I had been going about it all wrong.

Blogging isn't about the follower count or widespread recognition. It's about sharing the things you love with others who love it just as much as you do! It's about making lasting connections with people who you would have never met otherwise.

So with these things in mind, I set out to create a space for myself where I could document my life and my passions in a way that will (hopefully!) motivate and inspire others. (In this case, it's my love for the written word!)

I challenge you to join me on this endeavor. Tell me, what were your reasons for starting a blog? Are they similar to mine?

1 comment

  1. I started blogging as a place where I could write about anything I wanted to, sometimes to vent, sometimes to post pictures of stuff I like. And then I "met" so many cool people through bloggin that I have kept it up for way longer than I have ever written in a journal with pencil and paper.

    ReplyDelete